XHTML, step by step
Get started working with Extensible Hypertext Markup Language. XHTML is a language based on HTML, but expressed in well-formed XML. However, XHTML has more to offer than just regularizing tags and characters -- XHTML can alter the way you approach Web design. This tutorial gives step-by-step instruction for developers familiar with HTML who want to learn how to use XHTML in practical Web sites.
Table of contents
- Introducing XHTML
- Who should take this tutorial?
- About the examples in this tutorial
- Anatomy of an XHTML Web page
- The flavors of XHTML
- The XML declaration
- Document type declarations
- Main elements and namespace
- A complete example
- Understand the ground rules
- Avoid obsolete elements
- Use an end tag for all elements
- Incorrect XHTML
- Correct XHTML
- Use proper form for all attributes
- Use the xml:lang attribute
- Replace common HTML idioms
- Use stylesheets to set font and text details
- Use the XML stylesheet processing instruction
- Use style to align content
- Align content with an internal stylesheet
- Use ins and del to express edited content
- Do not use text/html with XHTML 1.1
- Use the W3C XHTML validator
- Use the XML declaration for character encoding
- Use XSLT to provide standby conversion to HTML
- Embed XHTML in other vocabularies
- XSLT document with embedded XHTML
The context surrounding XHTML
A language is always born in a particular context and it is usually the expression of a need that has been felt at a given moment. XHTML is no exception, and I would even add that we can not understand the value of this markup language without knowing the stakes of its existence.
A markup language
Before going further, you must understand a simple but often forgotten notion, even by insiders. XHTML is a markup language.
- File Size:
- 154.377 Kb
- Submitted On:
Take advantage of this course called XHTML, step by step to improve your Web development skills and better understand XHTML.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all XHTML pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning XHTML for free.
Download free Prestashop document, course and tutorial training, PDF file on 37 pages intended to beginners whos wants to build his own online commerce store.
Download free ASP.NET tutorial course in PDF, training file in 31 chapters and 97 pages. Free unaffiliated ebook created from Stack OverFlow contributor.
Free tutorial computer about Framework AngularJS, training document in PDF under 26 pages intended to beginners.
XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML. In this tutorial you will learn the difference between HTML and XHTML. We will also show you how W3Schools.com was converted into XHTML.
Download pdf training tutorial about XHTML language, free document on 6 pages by Shirley et E.Kaiser.