Programming in Fortran 95
Download Fortran 95 course, PDF tutorial for beginners to learn the basics of Fortran programming language.
Table of contents
- A very simple program
- Running the program
- Variables and expressions
- Other variable types: integer, complex and character
- Intrinsic functions
- Logical controls
- Advanced use of if and logical comparisons
- Repeating ourselves with loops: do
- The stop statement
- Expressions and the assignment statement
- Control instructions
- The tables
- Reading and writing operations
- The procedures
- Structures or derived types
- The DFLIB graphic library
- Procedures: Advanced concepts
- Modules: Advanced concepts
- Optimization notions
- Execution in command lines
- Array arithmetic
- GOOD PROGRAMMING STYLE
- Self-checking code
- Write clear code that relates to the physics
- INPUT TO AND OUTPUT FROM A F95 PROGRAM
- F95 statements for I/O
- GRAPHICS AND VISUALISATION
- Plotting a data file
- Getting help
- Further examples
- Printing graphs into PostScript files
- Formal definition
- Local and global variables
- Passing arrays to subroutines and functions
- Size and shape of array known
- Arrays of unknown shape and size
- The intent and save attributes
- USING MODULES
- public and private attributes
- NUMERICAL PRECISION AND MORE ABOUT VARIABLES
- Entering numerical values
- Numerical Accuracy
Introduction to Fortran
Machine code (numeric notation in octal);
- mnemonic code assemblers;
- 1954: project creation of the first language symbolic FORTRAN by John Backus from IBM (Mathematical FORmula
- Efficiency of generated code (performance);
- Quasi natural language for scientists (productivity, maintenance, readability).
- 1957: Delivery of the first compilers;
- 1958: Fortran II (IBM) ⇒ independently computable sub programs.
- Generalization to other manufacturers but:
- Divergence of extensions ⇒Normalization requirement;
- ASA American Standards Association (ANSI).
Committee for the development of a FORTRAN standard. 1966: Fortran IV (Fortran 66);
- Evolution by divergent extensions. . .
- 1977: Fortran V (Fortran 77).
no iteration of the null loops (OD I = 1.0)
- Main news:
- type character;
- Direct access I / O and OPEN.
Anne Fouilloux Patrick Corde (firstname.lastname@example.org Patrick.Corde@idris.fr Language Fortran (Base)) January 29, 2018 8/265
- Work of the X3J3 / ANSI and WG5 / ISO committees to modernize Fortran 77:
- Standardization: inclusion of extensions;
- Development: new concepts already exploited by newer languages APL,
Algol, PASCAL, Ada; . . .
- Performances in scientific computing;
- Fully compatible with Fortran 77.
- 1991/1992: Fortran 90 standard (ISO and ANSI);
- 1994: Fortran 90 Cray and IBM first compilers;
- 1997: Fortran 95 standard (ISO and ANSI);
- 1999: First compilers Fortran 95 on Cray T3E then IBM RS / 6000;
- September 2004: Fortran Standard 2003 (ISO and ANSI);
- October 2010: Fortran Standard 2008 (ISO and ANSI).
|File type :|
Take advantage of this course called Programming in Fortran 95 to improve your Programming skills and better understand Fortran.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all Fortran pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning Fortran for free.
This tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand basic Fortran Programming. After completing this tutorial you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in Fortran from where you can take yourself to next levels.
This tutorial is designed for Fortran students who are completely unaware of Fortran concepts but they have basic understanding on Programming training.
- Python List – Iterate over Elements free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.09 MB, Downloads: 0)
- C# String.StartsWith() – Examples free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.15 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Spring Framework Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 0.84 MB, Downloads: 106)
- Android – Draw Circle Border free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.14 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Java Integer.toHexString() – Examples free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.1 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Getting started with Fortran language (Type: PDF, Size: 1.09MB, Downloads: 217)
- Introduction to Programming using Fortran 95/2003/2008 (Type: PDF, Size: PDF (237 pages), Downloads: 32)
- Introduction to programming with Fortran 95 (Type: PDF, Size: 420.993 Kb, Downloads: 344)
- Fortran 90 for Beginners (Type: PDF, Size: 116.168 Kb, Downloads: 262)
- Beginner Fortran 90 tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 134.745 Kb, Downloads: 149)