Using Blocks in Ruby
With this excerpt from Head First Ruby, you'll learn about blocks by looking at each concept from different angles. Exercises throughout will help you understand and remember how these closure-like structures work. In fact, these exercises are key component to our unique, hands-on Head First approach.
- Bend your mind around blocks and methods
- Build blocks into larger structures
- Do heavy lifting easily with blocks
- Get more done with less code
Table of contents
- Blocks are mind-bending stuff. But stick with it!
- Defining a method that takes blocks
- Your first block
- Flow of control between a method and block
- Calling the same method with different blocks
- Calling a block multiple times
- Block parameters
- Using the "yield" keyword
- Block formats
- The "each" method, step-by-step
- DRYing up our code with "each" and blocks
- Blocks and variable scope
- Using "each" with the "refund" method
- Using "each" with our last method
- Our complete invoicing methods
- We've gotten rid of the repetitive loop code!
- Utilities and appliances, blocks and methods
|File type :|
Take advantage of this course called Using Blocks in Ruby to improve your Programming skills and better understand Ruby.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all Ruby pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning Ruby for free.
This tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand basic Ruby Programming. After completing this tutorial you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in Ruby from where you can take yourself to next levels.
This tutorial is designed for Ruby students who are completely unaware of Ruby concepts but they have basic understanding on Programming training.
- Kotlin – Create a Set of Strings free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.16 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Java – Reverse a Number free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.11 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Get the index of the nth occurrence of a substring in a String using Java? free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.09 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Get File Extension in Kotlin free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.17 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Julia Bitwise Operators free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.09 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Learn Ruby on Rails, PDF Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 1,125.03 Kb, Downloads: 526)
- Ruby Regexp (Type: PDF, Size: 0.5 MB, Downloads: 17)
- RubyFu (Type: PDF, Size: , Downloads: 24)
- Ruby On Rails Programming Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 2.06 MB, Downloads: 516)
- Essential Ruby (Type: PDF, Size: , Downloads: 31)