Beginner's Guide to IP Addresses
IP adresses tutorial courses material intented to beginners students.
IP address has a network portion and a host portion. In terms of the IP v4 addresses have a network part of 8, 16 or 24 bits according to the address class. Regarding the IP v6 addresses have a network part of 64 bits.
These default masks do not always stick to the particular needs of everyone. Therefore, it is possible to subdivide the networks by default using a subnet mask.
A subnet mask is a number of the same size as the address. The first bits are 1 and designate the network portion. The last bits are 0 and designate the host Party.
Examples: ... 111 111 000 000 111 111 000 000 ...
Table of contents
- What is an IP address ?
- Why do we need IP addresses ?
- What is the difference between a private IP address and a unique IP address ?
- How many addresses might I use ?
- What do IP addresses look like ?
- What is IPv4 and IPv6 adresse ?
- How are IP addresses distributed ?
- How are IPv4 and IPv6 addresses distributed ?
- Who sets these policies ?
- Why does every device need an IP address ?
- Are the Internet and its technology ready for the transition to IPv6 ?
- Will I be able to access the whole Internet as IPv6 use becomes more common ?
- How can I get IPv6 connectivity ?
- Additional Information
- ISP Internet Service Provider
- LAN Local Area Network
- NAT Network Address Translation
- NRO Number Resource Organization
- PAN Personal Area Network
- RIR Regional Internet Registry
- VoIP Voice over Internet Protocol
- File Size:
- 1,393.44 Kb
- Submitted On:
Take advantage of this course called Beginner's Guide to IP Addresses to improve your Networking skills and better understand IP Addresses.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all IP Addresses pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning IP Addresses for free.
Firewall and Proxy Server
Download free Firewall and Proxy Tutorial course material, tutorial training, PDF file by Mark Grennan on 40 pages
VoIP Tutorial in PDF
This pdf tutorial discusses the advantages and disadvantages of using VoIP services, focusing primarily on security issues that may affect those who are new to VoIP.
Download Hacking tutorial in PDF
This tutorial is about testing penetration and ethical hacking, designed to students. Free training document in PDF under 47 pages by Dr. Bruce V. Hartley.
IP Network Architecture
Download free pdf course training material about IP Network Architecture and IP addresses ,document by Kurtis and woody on 74 pages for intermediate level students.