SQL Server Internals: In-Memory OLTP
Hekaton in-memory data is accessible, transparently, using familiar interfaces such as T-SQL and SSMS, but Hekaton's internal behavior and capabilities are very different than those of the standard relational engine. Everything you knew about how your SQL Server stores and accesses data is different in Hekaton. Everything you understood about how multiple concurrent processes are handled needs to be reconsidered.
In this book, Kalen Delaney explains how the new In-Memory OLTP engine works, how it stores and manipulates data, and how, even with all data stored in memory and no locking or latching, it can still guarantee the ACID properties of all transactions.
Kalen has been working with SQL Server since 1987, specializing in query performance tuning and SQL Server internals. The Hekaton internals knowledge she provides in this book will help you migrate existing tables or databases to Hekaton, and get faster performance from your SQL Server applications than you ever thought possible.
Table of contents
- What's Special About In-Memory OLTP?
- Creating and Accessing In-Memory OLTP Databases and Tables 35
- Row Structure and Multi-Versioning
- Indexes on Memory-Optimized Tables
- Transaction Processing
- Logging, Checkpoint, and Recovery
- Native Compilation of Tables and Native Modules
- SQL Server Support and Manageability
|File type :|
|License:||For personal or educational use|
Take advantage of this course called SQL Server Internals: In-Memory OLTP to improve your Database skills and better understand sql.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all sql pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning sql for free.
This tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand basic sql Database. After completing this tutorial you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in sql from where you can take yourself to next levels.
This tutorial is designed for sql students who are completely unaware of sql concepts but they have basic understanding on Database training.
- SQL Server Backup and Restore (Type: PDF, Size: 4399.338 Kb, Downloads: 410)
- Essential SQL (Type: PDF, Size: , Downloads: 65)
- MySQL – Distinct Values free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.1 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Access 2013 Lab manual (Type: PDF, Size: 982.02 Kb, Downloads: 1193)
- Creating New Salesforce email templates free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 2.37 MB, Downloads: 0)
- PostgreSQL Notes for Professionals (Type: PDF, Size: 0.9 MB, Downloads: 11)
- SQL queries Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 1.51 MB, Downloads: 641)
- Data Loader Upsert (Updating and Inserting records) free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.4 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Override function of a Node.js module free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.1 MB, Downloads: 0)
- SQL Server Metadata Succinctly (Type: PDF, Size: 1.6 MB, Downloads: 33)