This document is a Linux manual in one page ,A summary of useful Linux commands , free training linux course designated to beginners.
Table of contents
- Starting & Stopping
- shutdown -r 5
- shutdown -r now
- Accessing & mounting file systems
- Installing software for Linux
- Finding files and text within files
- The X Window System
- User Administration
- Moving, copying, deleting & viewing files
- User Administration
- Little known tips and tricks
- Configuration files and what they do
Excerpt from course
- find / -name fname : Starting with the root directory, look for the file called fname
- find / -name '*fname*' : Starting with the root directory, look for the file containing the string fname
- locate missingfilename : Find a file called missingfilename using the locate command - this assumes you have already used the command updatedb (see next)
- updatedb : Create or update the database of files on all file systems attached to the linux root directory which missingfilename Show the subdirectory containing the executable file called missing file name
- grep : text string to find
- /dir : Starting with the directory called dir , look for and list all files containing text string to find
- File Size:
- 94.28 Kb
- Submitted On:
Take advantage of this course called Linux manual to improve your Operating system skills and better understand Linux.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all Linux pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning Linux for free.
Linux Bash Shell
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic guide for student interested in Linux command Shell ,Free training document in PDF under 4 pages.
Windows 7 Beginners guide
Download free Windows 7 for beginners ,a complet guide of new Features, material tutorial, PDF File by Charles Sturt University .
Linux Filesystem Hierarchy
This PDF tutorial outlines the set of requirements and guidelines for file and directory placement under the Linux operating system ,free training document under 113 pages for download.
Free Linux PDF tutorial for download by might by Paul Cobbaut, interesting and useful for home users that want to know a bit more about their Linux system.
Linux System Administrator's Guide
The Linux System Administrator's Guide is a PDF tutorial that describes the system administration aspects of using Linux. It is intended for people who knows nothing about system administration with Linux.Very useful resources for who wants to be familiar with commands and basics of linux features.