The Haskell School of Music
Conversely, the book opens the door for programmers to interact with music by using a medium that is familiar to them. Readers will learn how to use the Euterpea library for Haskell to represent and create their own music with code, without the need for other music software.
The book explores common paradigms used in algorithmic music composition, such as stochastic generation, musical grammars, self-similarity, and real-time interactive systems. Other topics covered include the basics of signal-based systems in Haskell, sound synthesis, and virtual instrument design.
This is a textbook on functional programming in Haskell, with a strong focus on computer music concepts and applications. The book describes Euterpea, a computer music library developed in Haskell, that allows programming computer music applications both at the note level and the signal level.
The book also teaches functional programming in Haskell from scratch. It is suitable for use in the classroom to teach functional programming concepts, Haskell language details, computer music and audio processing concepts and applications - or all of the above.
Table of contents
- Computer Music, Euterpea, and Haskell
- Simple Music
- Polymorphic & Higher-Order Functions
- A Musical Interlude
- Syntactic Magic
- More Music
- Qualified Types and Type Classes
- Interpretation and Performance
- Self-Similar Music
- Proof by Induction
- An Algebra of Music
- L-Systems and Generative Grammars
- Random Numbers ... and Markov Chains
- From Performance to Midi
- Basic Input/Output
- Higher-Order Types and Monads
- Musical User Interface
- Sound and Signals
- Euterpea's Signal Functions
- Spectrum Analysis
- Additive and Subtractive Synthesis
- Amplitude and Frequency Modulation
- Physical Modelling
- Sound Effects
- The PreludeList Module
- Haskell's Standard Type Classes
- Built-in Types Are Not Special
- Pattern-Matching Details
|File type :|
|Author(s):||Paul Hudak, Donya Quick|
Take advantage of this course called The Haskell School of Music to improve your Others skills and better understand Haskell.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all Haskell pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning Haskell for free.
This tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand basic Haskell Others. After completing this tutorial you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in Haskell from where you can take yourself to next levels.
This tutorial is designed for Haskell students who are completely unaware of Haskell concepts but they have basic understanding on Others training.
- Computer Science Tapestry: Exploring Programming and Computer Science with C++ (Type: PDF, Size: , Downloads: 74)
- Platform Embedded Security Technology Revealed (Type: PDF, Size: , Downloads: 18)
- The Future of Software Quality Assurance (Type: PDF, Size: 5.7 MB, Downloads: 6)
- HackSpace Magazine: Issue 45 (Type: PDF, Size: 40.3 MB, Downloads: 12)
- Testing Apex – Apex Unit Test free PDF (Type: PDF, Size: 0.1 MB, Downloads: 0)
- Haskell: Functional Programming with Types (Type: PDF, Size: HTML and PDF (560 pages, 3.0 MB), Downloads: 10)
- Haskell tutorial for professionals (Type: PDF, Size: 1.9 MB, Downloads: 80)
- Happy Learn Haskell Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: HTML, Downloads: 17)
- Download Haskell PDF Tutorial (Type: PDF, Size: 6.12 MB, Downloads: 77)
- Haskell Tutorial for C Programmers (Type: PDF, Size: HTML, Downloads: 13)