802.11 WLAN Systems Tutorial
Table of contents
- What is a WLAN? What is 802.11?
- Pros and Cons of 802.11
- Basic 802.11 Operation
- WLAN network topology
- Channel scanning and synchronization
- Authentication and association
- Data transfer mechanism
- WLAN network basics
- WLAN Network Topologies
- Active scan, Passive scan
- Physical layer (radio) technologies
- Protocol architecture
- 802.11 MAC protocol
- 802.11 Authentication
- 802.11 Association
- Data Transfer
- Security protocols in WLANs
- Advanced topics in WLANs
- Wireless LAN standards
- IEEE 802.11 Protocol Architecture
- The 802.11 PHY (RF) Layer
- Radio channels and frequencies
- Modulation technologies
- PHY data rates used
- Improving data transfer: diversity and polarization
- Frequency Channel Allocation for 802.11a/b/g
- Physical Layer Technologies
- Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)
- WLAN testing challenges and test metrics
- PHY Data rates for 802.11a/b/g
- Wireless LANs (WLANs) are LANs that use RF instead of cable or optical fiber
- IEEE 802.11-1999 is the basic standard governing wireless LANs
- Antenna Diversity and Polarization
Excerpt from course
WLAN technology is one of the faster growing networking technologies.
Wireless LAN technology provides a very good business model as it uses free unlicensed frequencies and provides a wireless last hop to IP networking which is free too.
Though WLAN protocol was initially designed for high bandwidth delay insensitive data applications, WLANs today are being used for a wide variety of traffic types and applications .
Some of the applications of WLANs include, corporate wireless data networks, hotspots, medical facilities using VoIP over WLAN phones and badges, department stores using wireless barcode scanners, consumer electronics using wireless communications like wireless TVs, wireless cameras.
- File Size:
- 947.50 Kb
- Submitted On:
Take advantage of this course called 802.11 WLAN Systems Tutorial to improve your Networking skills and better understand WLAN.
This course is adapted to your level as well as all WLAN pdf courses to better enrich your knowledge.
All you need to do is download the training document, open it and start learning WLAN for free.
Beginner's Guide to IP Addresses
Download free IP Adresses Beginner's Tutorial course material by ICANN on 12 pages.
WLAN network basics
Download free WLAN network basics Systems (example:802.11 WLAN Systems) course material, tutorial training, a PDF file under 53 pages by veriwave.
IP Network Architecture
Download free pdf course training material about IP Network Architecture and IP addresses ,document by Kurtis and woody on 74 pages for intermediate level students.